Saturday, April 7, 2007

Ode to Life: Will Work to Live.


Homeless people. You litter my street corners. On every exit ramp, I see you with a sign: "Please help. No job. Homeless." OR "$$$, please. God bless." OR "Will work for food." How did you get this way? What made you come to this street corner in my neighborhood? Why are there so many homeless people? Are you really homeless? Where did you get that adidas sweatshirt? How about those brand new Nike tennis shoes? Why is there a different one of your posse on the same corner every day of the week? Is panhandling a profitable business? How much Lysol have you distilled? Are you crazy? What is crazy? Maybe I'm crazy, but I will not give your dirty face even a dollar. There is too much dishonesty in this world. Stay on my corner, but ask me for no dimes. I cannot help you. I am trying to live as well. I'm trying to stay sane in this hustle and bustle world while your honesty and dishonesty run rampant. If I gave a nickel to everyone of your kind that I meet, I would be worse off than you, because I cannot ask for help even when I need it. But I will not be poor. I will be rich in mind and spirit and pray that you find yourself something to do to contribute to the society that made you this way. What a conundrum. Catch this, 22!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like this cody...lol